Job Description: Development Officer
Reporting to the Executive Director, this role maintains donor relations, and conducts outreach
to donors and prospects. The development officer is responsible for facilitating fundraising
initiatives including; direct mail, email, phone, events, and legacy programs.
● Execute proven methods to connect with donors and prospects through phone calls and
email to solicit OTG donations, PAC, core funding, and events funding
● Manage donor and prospect information and activity in our database.
● Research prospective donors using online resources and outreach at events,
conferences and conventions.
● Oversees monthly supporter stewardship and donation thank-you response program
● Assist in the coordination and execution of events of the Foundation. Manage sponsor
relationships, communications and logistics.
● Participate in the development of fundraising initiatives.
● Monthly revenue tracking; donation processing and reconciliation.
● Effectively coordinate with other team members to improve and maintain efficiency.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
● College Diploma in Business Administration, or equivalent experience;
● 1-2 years fundraising experience in an office environment;
● Fluency in English and French a benefit;
● Excellent verbal communication skills; demonstrated writing skills;
● Positive and congenial attitude; excellent office and telephone manner;
● Excellent attention to details, customer service and organizational skills;
● Able to work independently, as well as effectively in a team setting;
● Adaptable, flexible, able to deal with a wide range of conflicting needs;
● Willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary;
● Knowledge of administrative practices and procedures including proficiency with
Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, databases, bulk email, and the internet;
Term: 1 year contract - Full Time - 40 hours per week
Salary: $55,000 - 60,000/yr
The Douglas Coldwell Layton Foundation is committed to diversity and equity in our workplace. We welcome applications from: women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
Important Note: All offers of employment are conditional upon signing our strict code of conduct, subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for the Douglas Coldwell Layton Foundation.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Closing Date: October 21, 2022